Saturday, January 22, 2011

Working out

There are consequences to every decision, right? Well, my consequence to gaining too much pregnancy weight is working out. I'm not the most athletic person, I actually don't like to work out at all unless its something fun, but most of my workouts right now are NO FUN! I run around our neighborhood a couple times a week but running is not my favorite, at all! I do understand that I have to do it, I need to be healthier, more fit Mommy and Wifey.

I also have a little bit of a financial motivation behind this. J's former coworker is doing a 'Biggest Loser' challenge. Each participant puts in $20 and at the end of 2 months, the person who loses the most gets the cash (there are also small prizes for 2nd and 3rd). When I stepped on the scale to weigh myself at her house I weighed the most that I've ever weighed (with an empty womb)...I know that I have to work out, eat better, and live healthier...and hopefully win some cash in the end!

So I've been running, doing some working out at the house (on cold days), I went to hot yoga yesterday and boy was I out of my element. It was my first time doing yoga, and although the class was for all stages of yoga practice (from beginner to expert....and boy was I a beginner!) There were people doing head stands, and all kinds of crazy poses, it was a huge challenge, but it was fun. I think I'd go back, just probably to a beginner's course this time. But yoga did intimidate me, so I'm glad I went! And I am super sore at this moment, so something worked!

Now, I'm on my way to cross fit! Yeah, I'm keeping a variety of workouts! Wish me luck and keep me in mind, I hope to win that $$!

No comments:

Post a Comment